Friday, August 16, 2013

A Horse of Course

            It's another beautiful day in sunny Arizona. While driving down a seemingly desolate strip of land this afternoon, I saw something you wouldn’t normally see in a major metro area. There was a couple on horseback:  a father and daughter, who was probably eight or nine.  The girl was talking to her horse, telling it how much fun they were going to be having today.  The horse seemed to be enjoying the conversation; it was prancing around carefully, fully aware of the fragile cargo on its back. It was lightly kicking up dust and a lopsided pink cowboy hat was just bouncing around on top of the girls head as she rode.  She had to be the envy of every other little horsewoman in the area. 
           
 If you’re from out of town seeing people riding on horses may seem a little odd outside of the ranch or country club.  There are plenty of homes that allow horses to be raised on the property in our area, some even in Scottsdale and the Central Corridor in Phoenix.

My husband and I had a home in Texas where we had a fairly large amount of farm animals.  My sons seemed to always bring something new to the house: ducks and chickens, mules, and even a pair donkeys. (The mules were not something you would expect to follow a teenage boy home, but there they were in our backyard.).  We just added them to the menagerie. 

            In many of my blogs I mention I have a small community of animals.  They are nothing compared to the ones we used to have, but I don’t want to leave these important parts of the family out either. To many people their horses and ducks are as much pets and loved ones as a dog or a cat.  Animals can be costly to maintain, but are worth every penny, especially when they put a smile on a child’s face.  I’m happy I can help clients find homes that allow these kinds of relationships.

As always if you’re looking for a place for your whole family, four legged or otherwise contact

Tim or Gayle Kendrick at 602-819-6300, look us up at www.AZWestre.com on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/AZHomes or stop by and see our blog at http://azwestre.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment